PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
The 'Privacy & Security Policy' is an integral part of the 'Terms of Service' which is published at https://givera.org/pages/terms. Just for the ease of reference, the 'Privacy & Security Policy', as outlined in Section-B of the 'Terms of Service', is separately reproduced below. However, by using the givera.org Website, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the 'Terms of Service'.
PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY (SECTION B OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE)
- General: The Company respects your privacy, recognizes your need for appropriate protection and management of your personal identifiable information that you share with us, and is committed to protecting it. The Company has established this Privacy & Security Policy to inform you of our policies and practices regarding how we collect information from you, how we use and disclose it, and your rights with respect to such information.
- Personal Identifiable Information: The Website may collect personal identifiable information about you whenever you interact with us including, but not limited to, the following:
- Personal information, e.g., your name, email address, location, age, gender that we collect from you from applications, registrations and other forms;
- Your billing address and credit card;
- Information about your transactions with us, our business partners and our suppliers;
- Information we collect about you from your web-based social media services accounts with other third parties, including without limitation, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, which you have authorized us to access to provide certain products and services to you;
- Information we collect from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information we receive from our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the pages you requested.
- Exceptions to Definition: Please note that any of your personal identifiable information or any of the personal identifiable information of any third party posted for public viewing at your direction is not considered personally identifiable information.
- Use of Collected Information: The Website uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, customer service and support, communication with you, sending promotional e-mails and information about our company, internal marketing and promotions, services improvement, contact, and research.
- Privacy – Rules & Exceptions: The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- We share information with our business partners, suppliers and other third parties that help us to provide processing of payments and various other products and services to you, including without limitation, your connection to web-based social media services such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin;
- When we believe in good faith that it is required or permitted by law; and
- When you have consented to such disclosure.
- Your Ownership of Data: The Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website. Although the Company owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Website and the Applications, you retain all rights to your data.
- Opting out and other rights: To keep you in control of your personal identifiable information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to edit your marketing preferences and/or to opt out of receiving communications from the Website. We provide you with the opportunity to access, review and correct your personal identifiable information. You may contact us regarding any inquiry or request concerning such rights by sending an email to email@example.com. The Company reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the Website that are considered part of your account, such as notifying you of changes to the Website and customer service purposes, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you are accessing the Website from countries outside India whose laws regarding personal data protection differ from those of India, through your continued use of the website, you acknowledge that you are transferring your personal information and you consent to such transfer.
- Links to other sites: Visitors to the Website should be aware that when they are on the Website, they could be directed to other web sites that are beyond our control. There are several links to other web sites from the pages on the Website that take you outside our service. Many of these other web sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. The Website has no control over these web sites or how they collect, distribute or otherwise use any personal information, and we do not guaranty the security of any information that you may disclose. The Company is not responsible or liable for the policies, actions or content of such web sites. These web sites are linked only for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. We encourage you to review the terms of service and privacy policies available at these other web sites.
- Security: The Company takes great care in providing secure transmission of your information over the Internet. Even though we strive to protect your personal identifiable information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Website cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, which you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. The Website uses encryption and security software to secure all sensitive information, including without limitation, credit card numbers, that is transmitted to us over the Internet. Credit card numbers are used for processing payments and for no other purposes. To access and use certain online services on the Website, we may require you to select a unique username and password. We encourage you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer. To further prevent such unauthorized access, you should signoff when you have finished accessing or using the Website or using your computer.
You are advised to read all the pages of the 'Terms of Service' as it contain several other provisions that also govern the Privacy & Security Policy of the Website.